Friday, March 22, 2013

My Core'dinations Creative Frenzy


Do you love texture? Texture is everywhere in our world. One of the 5 senses of the body is touch. Welcome to my Core'dinations blog post that showcases how fun Core'dinations quality card stock can appeal to your sense of touch.
Core'dinations is a unique card stock. I love that you can sand Core'dinations to show off the embossing and discover an underlying coordinating color !
I am sure you can feel the texture in my cute little projects below and see how easy you can design show stoppers yourself! Join me now and visit the Core'dinations website, discover the magic you can create.

For this Design Team audition, I thought I would try out the Cricut Machine and make some small miniature gift bags. This is an off the page project for me, as i was inspired to create something different from my norm.




Are you ready to begin the journey of how to get the look?  A quick look at the supplies.




Can you guess what type of material I have used for the gift bag tissue topper?

Tip # 1-  Sand your project before starting to assemble.  Notice in the photo's below it's much easier to sand your paper before you die cut tiny pieces as it possible to tear a petal during the sanding process.


My last project...this is a tattered floral creations from  a Sizzix Die. Again, lots of layering!


Tip # 2  Spray some fabric stiffener to help curl your ribbons. 
 A headband with fairy dust glitter by ClearSnap featuring Coredinations cardstock.



 And now the question you are all thinking, "Why the darker/orange projects being posted in March when spring is upon us? Well, I am submitting these project for a magazine publication and for those who are not aware, door to magazine glossy print takes about 5 months. Lets see, April to August = 5 months... See you in September....fingers crossed.

Supplies List
Core'dinations cardstock
ScrapMatts chipboard
ClearSnap Fairy Dust, Ink, stamp & embossing powder
Really Reasonable Ribbon Kit Club
Flourish with a Bling (FWAB)
Want2Scrap pearls
Beacon's Stiffen Stuff

 Tip # 3-  (Answer)   The gift bag tissue is a baby wipe used to clean my stamps that just happened to turn out to be the right color tone from many stamp cleanings from the past.  Are you not going to start keeping and drying out those wipes for a perfect project match in the future?  I can hardly wait to try a multi-media project with those colored wipes.

As you check out my blog you will see I venture out into different area's, so as far as my scrapping style, well I don't know how to categorize my style at the moment.  My style is an evolution of change. I create works of art that appeal to me at a point in time and as new techniques are introduced to my world, I will incorporate these new elements and techniques. I am inspired by so many talented artist in this world.  I always remind my self that in the movie industry you have blockbuster movies and movies that go bust so together,  lets create happiness and enjoy the beauties that Core'dinations card stock will create for you.

6 comments:

  1. so pretty...so happy to see you guesting with us....your cards are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow ava! these are incredible!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done Ava! I love your creations!
    Hugs!!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful creations Ava!!! Love how you show cased the Core'dinations paper. Thank you for the detailed instructions as well, I will have to make that flower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Core'dination's paper gives amazing results. Good work Ava.

    Donna S

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love your little purses.....they are so pretty using Core'dinations paper and the tutorial is so helpful thank you....Lori

    ReplyDelete