Friday, June 13, 2014

CHA Canada Barrie Ontario

Hello and welcome to a special review from a CHA Canada Retreat.


I am a member of CHA North America and CHA Canada.  This membership has brought great joy and wonderful experiences to my life.  I would encourage everyone within any design discipline to become a member of CHA.
June 6, 7 and 8th was the date of the retreat held in Barrie, Ontario.
The event was held at Kempenfelt Conference Centre. 
I arrived early, toured the well groomed resort grounds and water front.  No bugs to speak of, which was a pleasant surprise.  
I started out with Nancy Donaldson who taught me to make a crochet necklace.


Love this necklace, going to make 1 in every color.

Sponsors of this retreat were the following generous companies.  Please support these leading companies within the crafting industry, as they truly are generous sponsors.



Creations Country Bear provided a large 12x12 stencil, they are located in Sherbrooke, QC.

Instructors who lead workshops were:


 This retreat is held annually so be sure to check out the CHA website for all the opportunities available to members.  Will you be ready to join next year?

Visit the Communities Section of the CHA website.

Become a member.
Thanks for visiting my blog today.


















9 comments:

  1. Looks like an awesome retreat, sorry I missed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was a great weekend! glad you like your necklace, how many have you made so far??
    and where is your encaustic painting??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its like where's waldo! It in the picture below her necklace, which I love, to the right of her pot! Looks like my dining room table!

      Delete
  3. Great review of the weekend, cant wait for another event!
    Paula Jones

    ReplyDelete
  4. The retreat was GREAT! Can't wait till next year. Love the necklace!!! Are there any written instructions or do we have to come early next year to get to make one?????

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a great time, love all the goodies you shared. Love the necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like ti was an amazing experience. LOVE that necklace

    ReplyDelete
  7. Could not have had a better time at the retreat, especially with my fab roomie! I learn so much from you and the others at the retreat and love the introductions to the wonderful products I may not have seen otherwise. I can't wait until the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a lot of crafty fun! Glad you are having a satisfying experience, Ava!

    ReplyDelete