Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Coredinations Handmade Gift

To-day, I would like to share something new that has caught my eye and I hope to experiment with in the new year.  Jewelry making is an unlimited vast area of artistry that could lead to many journeys of happiness.
I want to share my Core'dinations Cardstock beads with you and show how you could make your own gift for someone special.
                                       I have created a bracelet from Core'dinations Cardstock.

Collect your supplies and lets get started.  You can make beads with all types of materials and for today, I will share my Core'dinations Cardstock version.  I used 2 types of paper strips:  1 at 7.5 " and the other a tapered strip at 5.5". Each strip of paper started out at 1/2" wide.

Then the experimental step is next.  You can play with the size of cardstock bead you want and the type of tool you use to roll your bead with.  I used knitting needles at size 9 or with a smaller diameter.  Start with 1 strip and glue it down, then add the tapered strip of paper over top ending with the tapered end as you finish rolling the paper.

                                 Roll and glue your beads, add an eyelet if you wish and some glitter.

Design your bracelet and string your beads and embellishments onto elastic cord or a string of choice.
The possibilities are endless.  Enjoy the process, experiment and start making a stash of beads that will always been on hand for a quick gift giving surprise to someone.


Supply and Tool List

Core'dinations Cardstock Pastel Collection
Helmar Adhesive
May Arts Ribbon
Eyelets, Elastic cord and Beads
Knitting needle

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful bracelet. Great idea for using Core' paper. Thanks for sharing : )

    ReplyDelete